Saturday, May 14, 2011

Eurovision 2011

I usually blog about Eurovision (last year, I was on a 6-month blog break), as you can see from a search of this blog, but tonight my daughter was appearing in a theatrical production of The Little Mermaid and I was out watching her dance around the stage. So I’ve missed Eurovision and the blog-as-it-happens thing will have to wait until next year. They must be onto the voting by now.

I’ve glanced at Facebook and everyone seems to be backing different countries. No one has mentioned the UK entry which I believe was by the band Blue, who I seem to remember being a boy band about 15 years ago or so. So now a dad band? What a bizarre idea... But not as bad as Ireland who are represented by the truly awful Jedward. The Moldovans apparently had cones on their heads and, for that, they probably deserve to win.

No comments: